Monday, August 20, 2007

Okay, okay...I'm finally adding to the blog!

I now know why babies are meant to be had by young people. They will wear you out! Claire spent her second Friday night in a row, sleepover with me this past weekend. She makes me laugh so hard. She will look you square in the face and baby talk what's on her mind. I swear she's part Italian the way she talks with her hands.

Amber and JP have moved into a new apartment last weekend and had to finalize some things on Friday and Saturday morning. You will have to call me to get their new address.

Joe has been spending a lot of time working on his Mustang and the Bronco of one of his co-workers. He says he thinks he'll have it done by spring....yeah right!

I shouldn't talk. I have two antique chairs, a buffet and an antique mirror that need to be refinished and I haven't touched them with as much as a piece of sandpaper. We did find two slightly imperfect, slightly mismatched hutch type cabinets that go beautifully in the kitchen. Yea! More storage. They were a very good deal and we couldn't pass them up. I also painted over the terracotta color on the wall paper with a wheat color. It really brightened the kitchen.

On the gross side....We are having the soffit replaced on the house. The wind had all but destroyed it. So, the pirates (this is what we call the two guys working on the house)started pulling down the old soffit and down with it came bird nests and dead pigeons by the dozens. No, I am not kidding. BIG YUCK!

I am still employed despite the media blast we've been receiving. In case you are curious, Countrywide is strong and will survive this with flying colors. I, on the other hand, am a little stressed but this too will pass.

Joe and I and are planning a little trip to Indiana in September and then in November, Joe, Sharen and I are taking a quick trip to Savannah.

Lastly, we are still waiting on grandchild number four. Dani and Damon are expecting any day now. If she doesn't hatch by 8/21 they are planning to induce. We will keep you posted.

Oh, and by the way, it's good to be the Grandma!

2 comments:

Marti Family said...

My sister, cracks me up!

Unknown said...

This is SOOOO wonderful!! Thank you for sharing with me! I will make sure I pass it along to the family here in TX. Thanks for always being the best Aunt Tish in the WORLD!!
xoxo
Spring