Sunday, August 12, 2007

A Day With the Babies

Oh, and Kharen too! Amber and JP moved this weekend into a new apartment. It's very cute and in a nice complex. Kharen volunteered to watch the little ones, Claire and Evy, while the kids moved. She invited me to come up and spend the day as well.

It's been a while since I've seen Brandon, Alissa and Evy. Evy is smiling and just beautiful! Alissa and Brandon seem to be settling into parenthood just fine with their little girl. I think the consensus is that Evy looks like Alissa. Sorry Brandon.

Those babies wore us out. Kharen managed to make it through the day without having to take a nap but I wasn't so lucky. That might have also had something to do with an all nighter (for us that was until 11:30pm) with some girlfriends the night before and a half a martini too much. We had a good time though. We stayed at the Radisson in the Imperial Suite. My favorite room in the hotel.

I saw Nicole (my cousin) this week. She had Ryder and Andre with her. She stopped into the Hawthorn to feed her friends Steve's cat Luna. Big brother Ian was at Summer Camp. Ryder, like his brothers, has a smile that melts your heart. He's about seven months old now. Ian will be a first grader this year! Hard to believe. Andre is mom's helper and informed me he helped by moping the floor at the new house. Why to put them to work Nicole!

Mom and George also stopped in at Kharen's yesterday. They hadn't seen Evy yet. Sometimes just the distance of a few miles can put a crimp in seeing the family and the little ones grow so fast. I can't remember what they said they were up to. I actually haven't seen George for a while either. I think mom has already had enough of retirement (January 2007). Wonder if she'll find another job?

Ryan's Jetta finally decided to take it's last breath so he's taken a step into the adult world and is now in debt. He took out a small loan to finance another car. He now has a 1997 black VW GTI. It's a cute little car. I'm sure he won't appreciate the "cute" statement. He's spent a lot of time in Longmont over the past week getting everything from the loan to making the car his own. It was nice seeing him. Since he, Eric and Diane moved to Lakewood which is well over an hour away I don't get to see him much. We talk often by phone and text message though so we stay in touch.

I'm working on getting some more family photo's posted and more info into the site so keep checking back!

No comments: