Friday, August 17, 2007

News from the North

Last Saturday I got my first introduction to baby Evy and what a sweet little doll she is. Smiled and cooed until she fell asleep in George's arms. Hopefully I'll get to see her more often in the near future. Jennifer came to visit on Monday and spent the night. We most often play Scrabble in the evening and she comes up with some pretty spectacular words. If we kept score she'd beat the heck out of me!

Not working and trying to keep busy have become challenging for me and while I'm 'thinking' of finding a part time job haven't found anything that fits my 'schedule' so far. Guess I'm too particular. Spend most of my days canning something since the garden is over producing and even borrowed a pressure canner to put up green beans. Hate to see things go to waste and we'll enjoy them this winter.

Baby (the cat) recently underwent a series of tests and the resulting diagnosis is that she may have cancer, but with her age a decision was made not to put her through any more invasive and expensive testing, but to keep her comfortable. It's hard when you love your pets and one of them is nearing the end of their life, but thank goodness there is help at the end to put them at rest.

My next dance competition will be in Albuquerque at the end of September, then Dallas in early November. My pro, Mark Jackson, is not going to do Pro/Am (professional dancing with an amature) next near so it's a good thing I don't want to compete any longer.

It's been suggested that we do a family October birthday this year since we have at least three that month. Anyone have suggestions?

Sallie

No comments: