Monday, August 27, 2007

Goosebumps and Rockies Win

Not a rushed weekend but did some fun things. My high school classmate Cynthia Lawrence (www.cynthialawrence.com) was in a performance of the opera Cavallera Rusticana. Although it was a brief performance Cindy was the show stopper. Her talent has only improved over the years and I had goosebumps every time she opened her mouth. What do you expect for someone who trained and performed with Pavarotti 70 times. She's quite phenomenal.

Brent and I enjoyed a nice dinner at Nico's Catacombs prior to the opera. They did place us a corner then forgot about us though.

Saturday I attended a card making class with Pat Smith. We made a few cards and a decorated box. It was fun. A woman (Terry) brought her two Yorkies who we adorable! One was two years the other 14 months. They were both so tiny. Sorry TC, they were cuter than you.

Sunday I attended a Rockie game with Susan Allard, Kristen Rathmann and her six year old Erik and Doug and Sue Zimbelman. The Rockies beat the Nationals in a nice leisurely game. It was very hot (over 95) but we sat in the shade the whole time. I haven't see Sue and Doug in years. They are busy putting wood floors in their home and anticipating selling it in the next few years. Sue said when they bought this home it was supposed to be a starter home. That was 12 years ago! I'd say that was a good start.

I've been trying to make it in to the office by 7:00 in preparation for my new job at the Radisson on September 10. The hours will be 7-4. Last week the closest I got was 7:10 but I did make it in just before 7:00 this morning. Yeah! My sales job at the Hawthorn has been fazed out so I'll be moving over to the catering and conference center department with Carolyn Burke. I'm really looking forward to it.

No comments: